Skip to main content

Friday Afternoon Check-in

At the registration table, I was asked if I was in the engineering school. Those who knew me at Cornell will appreciate the irony. After years of making fun of engineers, I am mistaken for one. (I knew I should have left my pocket protector at home.) For the record, I attended Cornell's School of Arts & Sciences and appreciate a balanced curriculum of reading, writing, and arithmetic -- not just arithmetic. :-)

My wife, son, and I were placed in Low Rise 7. It was a bit of an adjustment to live in a dorm again -- small room, beds with springs that go boing, shared bathrooms, and sometimes noisy neighbors.



Low Rise 7.


Mae and Matthew in front of McGraw Tower.


Taking a break at the coffee shop in Olin Library.

For the coffee aficionados, they served "Seattle's Best." And you guessed it, the photo was taken by Matthew.

More to come...

Comments

Unknown said…
You got placed into Low Rise 7? I had noticed that older classes got placed in newer or recently renovated dorms. I guess your class doesn't give much. ; )

Matthew's pretty good with a camera!
Anonymous said…
Hey Mike,

I'm a little bummed I missed the reunion -- but great to see those pictures. I can't believe how beautiful the falls were too.

Dos!