Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Friday Afternoon Check-in

At the registration table, I was asked if I was in the engineering school. Those who knew me at Cornell will appreciate the irony. After years of making fun of engineers, I am mistaken for one. (I knew I should have left my pocket protector at home.) For the record, I attended Cornell's School of Arts & Sciences and appreciate a balanced curriculum of reading, writing, and arithmetic -- not just arithmetic. :-)

My wife, son, and I were placed in Low Rise 7. It was a bit of an adjustment to live in a dorm again -- small room, beds with springs that go boing, shared bathrooms, and sometimes noisy neighbors.



Low Rise 7.


Mae and Matthew in front of McGraw Tower.


Taking a break at the coffee shop in Olin Library.

For the coffee aficionados, they served "Seattle's Best." And you guessed it, the photo was taken by Matthew.

More to come...

2 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Philip said...

You got placed into Low Rise 7? I had noticed that older classes got placed in newer or recently renovated dorms. I guess your class doesn't give much. ; )

Matthew's pretty good with a camera!

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

I'm a little bummed I missed the reunion -- but great to see those pictures. I can't believe how beautiful the falls were too.

Dos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home